Reblogged from Brashley Photography
It was fun to be part of Brens five at five
This week’s Five at Five Intro features Photographer is Aletta of Nowathome blog. Aletta’s About Page says:
I am Aletta, a retired primary school teacher and now I am mostly at home!
My husband and I live on the West Coast of South Africa. We love to discover new places, being outdoors and to explore the surrounding area with family and friends!
Five at Five Questions
- When and how did you start on your photographic journey?
My dad was a keen photographer! He always had a camera handy and always encouraged me to try it too. I got my first camera in the 7th grade. I think it was a Kodak. This picture is one of my first images.
- What subject do you like photographing the most?
Anything actually! Although mostly flowers, the ocean, nature, rocks, birds, plants, mountains and Sunsets.
- Have you been influenced by other photographers, if so by whom and why? If not, who is your favourite photographer?
I don’t think I have been influenced by one specific photographer, but use a lot of their tips to take better photos. There are so many brilliant photographers that I cannot even decide which one I like most. Cee inspired me a lot through her blog.
- What is the go-to camera equipment that you use regularly and what software do you use to process your images?
I use my Nikon D3100 for most of my photos, but also use my Cell phone a lot. I’ve also got a little Canon Power shot SX 210 IS that I use occasionally.
- What is your favourite method of processing an image? (i.e., colour, monochrome, saturated, dreamy look etc)
Normally colour, but I also like certain photos in monochrome.
Thank you, Aletta, for participating in the Five at Five Introduction Series.
Next Week’s Intro is