- Boil the onions in salted water for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
- For the sauce combine the mustard powder, sugar and vinegar over heat until the sugar is dissolved and then boil for 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool down add whisked egg into the cooled mixture.
- Slowly bring it to a low simmer over low heat while whisking. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the stove immediately, pour over the onions and leave to cool.
I made this easy chicken salad which is perfect for a hot summers night!
Fry Onion, garlic, green peppers and mushrooms in a bit of olive oil and butter.
Add about 500g of chicken pieces and balsamic vinegar , herbs, salt and pepper to taste. ( Can use Balsamic Crema too)
Cool the chicken, make a salad of your own choice, adding whatever you have available. I put some green peas (frozen), pineapple chunks , carrots and feta in, too.
Serve with honey mustard salad dressing and fresh bread!
The beetroot, also known in North America as the table beet, garden beet, red or golden beet, or informally simply as the beet, refers to any of the cultivated varieties of beet grown for their edible taproots.Wikipedia
600 gr beetroot peeled and trimmed
3-4 tbsp olive oil
6-7 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Halve or quarter the beetroot, depending on the size. Place on a baking tray.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Roast for 1 hour or until tender. (Here I have used a blueberry infused balsamic vinegar)
- Transfer to a serving bowl to cool, then cover and chill.
- Combine with rocket , spring onions, gherkins and feta.
- Serve with a vinaigrette of your choice. I have used the pan sauce (olive oil and balsamic and mixed it with a pomegranate reduction.
- I served it with a pork chops and a Pineapple and Savoy cabbage salad my sister made.
For her recipe go to : http://flippenblog.com/2013/09/22/blue-cheese-salad-dressing-and-nespresso-machines/
An easy lunch or dinner for those days that you just don’t know what to eat!
Serve it with sliced avocado or a tossed salad.
1 boiled egg chopped
1 small onion chopped
3-5 gherkins chopped
1 tin of tuna (drained)
Mix 50 ml mayonnaise 5ml tomato sauce and 5ml mustard.
Combine all these ingredients.
Spread the mixture on bread rolls, Sprinkle with grated cheese and paprika.
You can also put the same mixture into a red, yellow or green pepper. Grate some cheese over it and sprinkle with paprika.
Bake in 180 degree C oven until cheese is melted.