I have been making this easy Vanilla butter cake since my childhood which my mom taught me to make.
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Sifted Cake Flour
- 3 teaspoon(s) Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 45 ml Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 large Eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup(s )whole Milk
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C. Lightly coat an 8-inch cake pan with butter and dust with all-purpose flour. Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat eggs and sugar till light and fluffy. Add the vanilla beat on medium-high, just until blended. Add the dry ingredients to this mixture. Mix well.
- Bring butter and milk to the boil and add it the the mixture. Mix well.
- Pour into the prepared pans and bake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out clean — 25 to 30 minutes. Cool cake in the pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
- Unmould and cool completely. Ice with any icing you like.