The beetroot, also known in North America as the table beet, garden beet, red or golden beet, or informally simply as the beet, refers to any of the cultivated varieties of beet grown for their edible taproots.Wikipedia
600 gr beetroot peeled and trimmed
3-4 tbsp olive oil
6-7 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Halve or quarter the beetroot, depending on the size. Place on a baking tray.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Roast for 1 hour or until tender. (Here I have used a blueberry infused balsamic vinegar)
- Transfer to a serving bowl to cool, then cover and chill.
- Combine with rocket , spring onions, gherkins and feta.
- Serve with a vinaigrette of your choice. I have used the pan sauce (olive oil and balsamic and mixed it with a pomegranate reduction.
- I served it with a pork chops and a Pineapple and Savoy cabbage salad my sister made.
For her recipe go to : http://flippenblog.com/2013/09/22/blue-cheese-salad-dressing-and-nespresso-machines/