Today’s Scone recipe I got from a friend. I am quite happy with the results!
- 2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 220 degree C. Combine flour, baking powder and a salt in a large bowl. Using a fork, whisk egg, oil and milk in a jug. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients. Mix until just combined (the less you work the dough, the better), adding a little more milk if required.
- Turn dough onto a floured board and pat out until 2 cm thick. Fold the dough in half and cut out scones. Place on baking tray, allowing a little room for spreading. Bake scones for 10 minutes or until risen and light brown. Serve scones hot with butter and jam.